No, this isn't college. This was A's first month.
"It's my one-month birthday! I will celebrate by crying my head off."
- He smiled at his daddy. Aww.
- He's able to stare at objects (and mommy) now.
- At 3.5 weeks, I put him down for tummy time. Shock of my life when he rolled over onto his back. Based on what I've read, babies normally do this at two or three months!
He's a strong brotha!
Things I learned this month:
- Until you experience motherhood, you have no idea how hard it is! To all mothers out there: I salute you!!!
- I can get by with less sleep than I thought possible...
- ...but I should still sleep every chance I get. (So I really shouldn't be blogging now...)
- Accept help whenever you can. Thank God for our wonderful yaya. (I will cry if she leaves us.) Thank God for my mother. Thank God for Hamil's siblings, who all carry him and cuddle him when we're together.
- We have to spend 30 minutes burping him after feeding. Otherwise, we'll find ourselves in kabag hell.
Sleeping on the job. This is A as he's being burped. Hmm.
- I shouldn't be so hard on myself. A crying baby doesn't make one a bad mother. Babies are allowed to cry. As one friend put it: As long as he's clean, fed, and burped, you're doing OK. If he cries even after you've taken care of all his needs, then there's not much else you can do.