Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The 12th Month: Oh What a Year!

Ladies and gentlemen, my toddler.

How YOU doin'?

Whut.

I thought I was going to write something profound and moving to mark my son's first year, but I...really have no words for it.

His birthday (and mine) comes at the end of the year, so it really makes one think about the roller coaster ride (sometimes house of horrors) of a year we had.

At his super simple, DIY first birthday party--more on that in a future post

It was, by far, the most difficult year that I have ever gone through. But I think I'll always look back at 2013 as a year of growth, a year of discovering my true strength and my capacity for love ("to the moon and back" doesn't seem to cut it). 

My son turned me into a grownup. 

Proudly showing off all two of his teeth

Oh A, you're a super speedy toddler now (with a hobbit-like appetite), but I reserve the right to call you my baby for life. Even when (especially when?) it gets embarrassing! 


(Photos by my SIL, Yasmin Gosiengfiao)

2 comments:

  1. Aahhhh! 12 months??? No way! OMGoodness! He's so handsome--and even though he may complain someday, he'll always love being called your baby. :)

    He's so handsome! I know the answer to the question "How far would you go for him?" It's another question--"How far is infinity??" that's how far you would go for that little man.

    Someday it would be fun to read in what ways you feel he's turned you into a grown-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ric!:) Some day I might send you an email detailing how he turned me into a grownup. Haha

      Delete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)