Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One More Thing

One thing I forgot to include in my "10 Things I Love" list is old movies.


My absolute favorite

Recently, when I was on sick leave, I spent a good part of the day watching Turner Classic Movies. Was able to catch Julia Misbehaves (with a very young, breathtakingly beautiful Elizabeth Taylor) and Weekend at the Waldorf (starring Ginger Rogers--it reminded me of an old-school Love, Actually). And just last weekend, even though I was all dressed up and ready to go out, I decided to stay home the minute Casablanca started showing.

A friend asked me what it was about old movies that appealed to me. I think it's because they show a bygone era--they're windows to a past that I'll never experience. And in old movies, women are proper ladies, and men are proper gentlemen! Everyone is always well-dressed and polished, and there is always a hint of glamour. And even the worst cad can look absolutely dapper!

So y'all know what channel I'll be tuning in to this looong weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Mais, oui ! Everything then was lovely. And you wouldn't see a man in jeans.

    Those were lovelier times.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)