Sunday, April 8, 2012

What I Am Thankful For

Last night, my husband got into a major car accident. Thankfully, he escaped unscathed, and so did the idiot of a motorcycle driver who was too drunk to realize he was in the wrong lane. The car, though, is in pretty bad shape.

I've been told a few times that I'm such a positive person, but truth be told, I think I'm more of a glass-half-empty kind of girl. Of course it's great that he didn't get hurt and all, but an annoying voice inside me questions why it happened in the first place. The reason I am able to (try to) stay optimistic--through anything--is my husband.

When he came home after spending hours at the police precinct, I expected him to be down and out. Because that was kind of how I was feeling--we've been hit by one bad thing after another, so the past few weeks haven't exactly been easy. Instead, he had a serene expression on his face, managed to give me a smile, and calmly told me exactly what happened. We talked about how a few seconds--a delay in getting the bill where he ate, for example--could have changed everything. I thought about how the accident wouldn't have happened; he, on the other hand, thought about how it might have saved him from something worse, or how this was meant to lead to something else, something better.

So there's today's big reveal: I am no Sunshine Sally--I just bask in the glow of my husband's positive energy. And that is what I am thankful for this Easter: that I am married to this incredible man who inspires me to be a better person.

Happy Easter, everyone. And it would be nice if you could say a little prayer for us. I'm so raring to welcome something good into our lives. I may not deserve it, but he certainly does.

6 comments:

  1. Thank God your husband's OK. It's also the reason why I remind my husband to be extra careful when driving. Makes it a bit safer... Though the hundreds of other drivers around you may not think the same way.

    My prayers go out to you guys... Keep safe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this ends the string of unpleasant events. It's time for fate to start spinning in a positive direction for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know he's okay. Will be praying for more positive events to come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know your hubby is fine. May the odds be ever in your favor from now on!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sobrang delayed na ko sa mga posts mo Tishie and I'm doing catch up..oh my..Hamil figured in an accident...? I'm so happy he's okay... Hope you've gotten your wish na -- for good things to come...if wala pa man...just focus on having Hamil on your side...don palang super swerte ka na..

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)