Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dressing the Bump

I'm at week 18, and my tummy has grown so much in the past two weeks, it's ridiculous. Exhibit A:


So my arm's looking chunky too, but whatevs. My stomach feels incredibly taut, like I just had too much to eat, so I'm constantly slathering on cocoa butter. (The Body Shop sweetly sent me a new stick along with some cute new makeup. Aww.) Photo above was taken a couple of days ago, and I'm wearing my new favorite dress. I can do so much with that dress, and I might just do a "five ways to wear" post in the future. On this day, I was wearing it with a gold necklace, a stack of bangles, and animal-print sandals.

I started a Facebook album called "Buntis Is the New Black." ("Buntis" is the Filipino word for "pregnant." Some people have taken to calling me "Buntish"!) In it, I post outfit pics, because I really believe that pregnancy doesn't mean the death of fashion. (That, and being pregnant seems to be a big trend now. I know more than ten other women who are pregnant!) I started the album around week 16, when the bump wasn't all that obvious yet. I imagine it will get a lot more challenging the bigger my tummy gets. I tend to just take one photo of my outfits (no details or anything), so I'll just post multiple outfits for now.

From week 16: a Breton top (I believe this is a wardrobe staple), white jeans, blue pumps, and a homemade t-shirt necklace. I made the necklace after watching a tutorial on YouTube, but you can visit Roma's blog to find out how to make a different version. I wore this outfit to an event in Tagaytay. And before people stone me for wearing heels, let me assure you that my doctor says it's totally fine.


Also from week 16: a simple outfit I wore on a rainy day, when I had to conduct an ocular inspection of a potential shoot location. Dark skinny jeans that still fit (at that time), a white button-down top that I tied at the bottom, zebra-print flats, and a trench that I got at 50% off.


From week 17: electric blue pants, sequined top, cream blazer, nude pumps, gold earrings. I had taping for a local TV show on this day. On the same day, a TV crew from Singapore was shooting something at the office, and I ended up making an appearance. No idea when these things will be shown though.


From week 17: I flew to Cebu for work, had to give a talk as part of the Good Ideas workshop. It was a weekend event, so I wanted to wear something kind of fun and relaxed, but still put together: raspberry pants, sheer top, nude pumps, gold jewelry. (After seeing the stairs I had to climb to get on stage, I ditched the pumps in favor of sandals.)


Maybe I should make like a fashion blogger and start taking detail shots so I can just do one outfit per post. Har. Thankfully, a lot of my regular clothes are loose so I can still wear them even as I get bigger. Funny thing is, I'm more inclined to wear fitted outfits now--I finally have an excuse to have a tummy!

11 comments:

  1. i like the black dress tish..so sexy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually stuffed it when I tried it on in the fitting room to make sure there was room for a bump. Haha

      Delete
  2. Looking great! Have a safe pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look totally stunning!! I just love your preggy style especially the black maxi dress. It really shows off your cute bump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should get more dresses like that. People were complimenting me all day when I wore it!

      Delete
  4. I love how you make time to look good during this very important period of your life tishie! I know a lot of mothers who experience a drop in self-esteem because of the body changes! :) I'm sure you're inspiring a lot of women! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm making an effort because I don't want people coming up to me saying, "Lalake siguro yan, ang panget mo e!" Haha.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh your bump is so freaking adorable! Thanks for your last comment on my blog! I'm now following you and I hope to see more pictures of your growing belly (;

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!:) In the last week it's just looked huge and not-so-adorable.:o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tisha! Got here via Topaz Horizon (and I actually met you once, in another lifetime). Your outfits (and you) look great! :) Muji has classic and fabulous maxi dresses, you should go check them out.

    I recently found out I'm expecting too, and I'm excited to dress up the bump when it appears. It would be nice to see more of your preggy style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!:) And thank you! Have fun dressing the bump. Hope you have a fabulous pregnancy!

      Delete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)