Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Party Rock Is in the House Tonight!


We jammin' to some reggae beats. We were just getting started. (Photo by Ian Villar)

One of the best things about the Philippine ultimate community is we definitely know how to party. Proof: As I was leaving last Saturday's "Summer" League party, some dude stopped me outside the venue.

Dude: I'm not from here. Is it always like that in there?
Me: Uh no. There was just an event tonight--a Frisbee party.
Dude: So if I take my friends there another time, it won't be the same?
Me: Nope. If you wanna go clubbing you could try the Fort or Republiq or...
Dude: I went to (name of club) and it was lame.

And he seemed genuinely bummed that his friends weren't around to see what was going on.

In Shanghai, whenever we would invite people over to Manila Spirits (an annual international tourney) and tell them that the parties here are off the hook, players from other countries would say, "Yeah, we heard!" So as you can see, we have a bit of a reputation!


With Garon and Sib, two non-disc-playing friends who recently discovered the awesomeness of PUA parties

Last Saturday's party was planned by Breakfast Club, a super fun team recognizable by their pink jerseys. (One of their former players, a big white dude, would wear a pink skirt to go with it sometimes.) The theme? Playboy Mansion.


That collar and bowtie was a hit that night. Um, don't ask.

The Hotlegs (from BC) had some hot hot hot performances. One team had a "magic chair." One guy was wearing a thong. But that's all I'm going to say about it to protect other people's dignity privacy.:) Suffice it to say that I think we've been banned from yet another venue.

If you've got a disc-playing friend, maybe you could try tagging along to the next party. But don't say I didn't warn ya!

3 comments:

  1. i just came from vacationing in the philippines and am sad that we didn't have time to experience the night life there!!!! ahhh... next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't go out much but the night life (outside of disc parties) is just...OK I think. I guess it depends who you're with!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)