Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe: Beef Bulgogi

It's been a week since my last post. Been busy, mostly with work and disc (I've got freckles on my nose and a sprained ankle--again!--to show for it) and being a wife--been cooking a lot lately. Tonight it was garlicky tanigue with two side dishes: ensaladang talong (eggplant with tomatoes, onions, and salted egg) and adobong kangkong (I looove kangkong). The other day, I cooked a Korean dish to go with my husband's store-bought kimchi:



OK, it was a hastily taken photo.

So, anyway:

Beef Bulgogi

Ingredients (and again, no measurements! Sorry, that's not how I roll!)

Beef tenderloin, sliced thinly (I used 1/4 kilo for the two of us)
Soy sauce
Garlic, minced
Ginger, minced
Sesame oil
Sesame seeds
  1. Mix all ingredients except beef.
  2. Marinate beef for about an hour (or overnight, if you really want it to soak up the stuff).
  3. You're supposed to grill this thang but I opted to pan-fry. So heat a bit of oil in a pan, then fry until done.
  4. If your range runs out of gas towards the end like ours did, nuke the beef! (Still turned out yummy!)
  5. Serve with steamed rice and kimchi.
Will post again soon, I swear.

3 comments:

  1. printed... we will try this recipe..thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this one is so simple! how did it go for you? :) I would love to try this one time :)

    -A
    chewing-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)