Friday, September 9, 2011

Pretties in Pink

After four years of competitive disc, I finally have half-decent photos of me in action. And I finally figured out the key to action photos wherein I don't have a stupid expression on my face...







Just cover my damn face!

In other news, we weren't champions at the recently concluded Malakas at Maganda league, but our Yaya Couture jerseys were definitely winners!



Had a blast playing with this team. I loved everyone's never-say-die attitude (even when we were way behind, and even when there were just eight players standing after three games). And whatever happened, walang sisihan (no blaming each other)--we were all in it together! I used to hate this league, but this year I realized that it was a great opportunity for the girls to step up. It was an awesome learning experience, and I think I've finally embraced my role as handler.

To the girls, if you're reading this, thank you for putting up with my temper, for playing your hearts out, for keeping your heads up. I truly enjoyed the last few weekends with you. And...sino si Victorio?

All photos by Ivy.

3 comments:

  1. (Sino si Victorio??) Secret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my brother can't take a good action shot either. His tongue is always sticking out to the side. It sounds like you have a good group to play with--it's good to see Roma is doing well.

    Not sure what you mean about temper, but you've got to have fire in you to truly compete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Roma's doing great.:) She was a big asset to the team!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)