Monday, September 26, 2011

Style Inspiration: Last-Season Serena

My life has been filled with work and rakets (working on a special issue of another magazine, editing a book, writing an article for a national daily) and utterly devoid of any excitement! Hence, my silence in the blogosphere.

I did go to a wedding after-party a couple of weeks ago (congrats, RyChan!), and wore a loose interpretation of one of Serena van der Woodsen's outfits from last season's Gossip Girl:

Serena photo from here. Pants, Pink Lemonade. Top, Express. Belt, 50th Avenue. Nude pumps, Parisian. Black clutch from a friend.

I had been looking for those pants for a frickin' year before I found 'em. Instead of wearing a gold jacket over a white top, I opted for my totally disco, gold sequined top. I could throw on a white blazer for a reverse interpretation of Serena's top half.

And yes, this outfit is literally so last season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)