Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Christmas Wish List

It's December, y'all! Can you believe it? I haven't even done my Christmas shopping yet! Ack!

Ze huzband has been asking me about what I want, so it got me thinking about my own Christmas wish list. Presenting, the top 10 things on my list (although I may have missed a few things), in no particular order...

1. A new wardrobe. I have a lot of clothes already, but I really want to have a well-rounded wardrobe that stays true to my style (which I've determined is "classic with an edge"--except when I'm on the field!).



All from Zara. What can I say? I love neutrals.


2. Laptop. Because my old netbook isn't working like it's supposed to. And I also want to replace our clunky home desktop PC with a sleek notebook.


Isn't it purty? From here.

3. Hand vacuum. Yes, yes, this is the unsexiest thing I have on my list. But I'm convinced that I would vacuum more if only I didn't have to assemble-disassemble-store every single time I have to vacuum the couch.



From here.

4. Sheets. I really want to add to our sheet wardrobe! There's nothing like lying in a bed with fresh, crisp sheets.


And if you want to throw in a fluffy white comforter, that would be awesome. From here.

5. A good chef's knife. I think it takes longer for me to cook because I don't have a proper knife. I had a chef's knife a couple of years ago, but it has since gotten dull, and I wouldn't know how to begin sharpening it. P.S. Did you know that more kitchen accidents are caused by dull knives than sharp ones?


Hamil and I saw this on the Home TV Shopping Network and were so amazed! Haha

6. Design*Sponge at Home. I've been wanting this book for months.


From here.

7. And while we're at it, a book shopping spree. Because even though my brother said he would give me his Kindle, I still one day want to have this...


From here.

8. My signature scent. I love love love L'Occitane Recolte Bleu. It was given to me by my good friend Marie a few years ago, and it's been my scent ever since. It smells like lavender--so fresh, clean, relaxing. But I just recently ran out of it.:(



From here.

9. Butterbeer cupcakes. My "sister" Priti found a recipe for Butterbeer cupcakes. We've been meaning to whip up a batch but a few ingredients aren't available locally. Sigh.


Photo from the same site.

10. To travel. I really really really miss my family in New York. It's been a year.:( And I really really really want to go back to Europe, with Hamil this time.


I did throw a coin into the Fountain of Trevi on my last visit, so I have high hopes that I'll be going back!

I'm not asking for too much, am I?:) When people ask me what I want, I normally say "nothing," because really, I do have everything to give me a comfortable life. These big-ticket items are just fanciful bonuses. As it is--with everything (and everyone) I have in my life--I have more than enough to be thankful for.

What's on your list?

7 comments:

  1. I like #10 too! I'm going to Europe next year to work, so I'm hoping I can travel my way around the continent while I'm at it! It won't hurt if the BF can visit me all the way from Canada too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. number 10 too! who wouldn't wish for good travel! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 10 and the sheets also. Pero I think I wand a whole new wardrobe na rin! I'm tired of my clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also want to go back to europe. ^_^ i hope you get everything on your wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that hand vacuum also! :) And new clothes. Who doesn't want them anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can totally relate with #7! :) That home library is lovely! A must-have in my dream home ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah i agree. i believe you have everything you need already :) happy you're living a full life tishie :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)