Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New You!

Good Housekeeping's January-February ish features mom and daughter Jaclyn Jose and Andi Eigenmann on the cover. Our main feature's got over 40 expert tips on food and exercise, and a super quick 20-minute workout (much like Jillian Michaels's 30-Day Shred) to help you lose all that holiday flab!



Incidentally, I've gotta start doing the shred again. My clothes are feeling tighter, and my stomach looks an awful lot like Jell-O. Tsk tsk. I really didn't think I'd get away with all that wanton eating--and it's affected me in more ways than one. I just got back from the doctor and found out that I have follicular pharyngitis, or something like that. I googled it and the pictures ain't pretty. I closed the window right away because I was pretty grossed out! Apparently this happens when you have too much of a good thing--sweet, spicy food and all that, irritating your throat. (A quick recall of what I've been eating the past couple of weeks and it all made sense.) I'd had a blasted cough for a week, and finally decided to see my doc. Now I know why my throat's been hurting.:( Doctor's orders: No eating or drinking anything sweet, spicy, cold, or hot. In other words, all the things that make life worth living. *tear*

Ah well, it's a forced diet, which is actually perfect. This is the year when I'm finally going to start eating right (most of the time) and finally getting that goal body! Ahh, New Year--the time when everyone is optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)