One of the things I cooked over the long weekend. It seemed to get a lot of "Likes" when I posted it on Facebook, and a friend even asked for the recipe!
I was looking for something to do with some extra dory that I had, and based this dish on a recipe by Rachael Ray, Crispy Prosciutto-wrapped Sole.
Crispy Bacon-wrapped Dory with Caramelized Onion-Asparagus Salad
Olive oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
Half an onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Fresh thyme (I used the dried version though)
2 to 4 strips of bacon
1/4 kilo cream dory fillets
Salt and pepper
1. Saute onions in olive oil until brown. Sprinkle with pepper. Remove from heat.
2. In a saucepan, boil about 1 inch of water. Place asparagus, sprinkle with salt. Cook until tender. Remove from heat, drain.
3. Mix onions with mustard and thyme.
4. Mix with asparagus. Set aside.
1. Lay bacon on a flat surface.
2. Pat dry dory before laying on the bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Wrap dory with bacon.
4. In a pan, heat olive oil until it ripples. Drop bacon-wrapped dory and fry about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Be careful not to overcook.
5. Transfer to plate and serve with salad and chopped tomatoes on the side.
Makes 2 servings.