Friday, April 9, 2010

Recipe: Poseur Jack-a-Lean Omelette

One of my favorite places to eat in Boracay is Real Coffee. Love their cookies, calamansi cupcakes, French toast, iced choco, and their Jack-a-Lean Omelette! The last, I've tried to replicate at home, although I realize now that I haven't been using onions. Hey, it still works!

Poseur Jack-a-Lean Omelette



Ingredients
3 large eggs
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 can tuna flakes in olive oil (the calamansi version gives it a bit of a kick)
2 heaping tsps pesto
Quick-melt cheese, grated
  1. Saute the tomatoes over low heat.
  2. Add tuna and pesto. Mix thoroughly. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. In a bowl, beat the eggs, adding a bit of salt.
  4. Pour eggs into a non-stick skillet. (A poseur non-stick skillet goes with our poseur omelette though, so I normally have to use a bit of vegetable oil.)
  5. Cook over low to medium heat until nearly done (mostly solid).
  6. Spoon tuna mixture over half of the eggs.
  7. Sprinkle cheese over tuna.
  8. Fold other half of the eggs over to form a half moon. Remove from heat.
Serve with toast. Good enough for two! Hamil and I normally share this for breakfast. An easy, yummy way to start the day!

3 comments:

  1. looks yummy and very easy to do... my kind of cooking! will try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tish, thanks for sharing, will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will post another recipe soon--crispy bacon-wrapped dory.:) People seemed to respond to the photo I posted on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)