Saturday, June 19, 2010

Recipe: Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Paprika

For lunch today, I whipped up something fairly simple: baked chicken breast with sour cream paprika, served with brown rice and a side of corn and carrots.



I posted this on my Facebook wall, and it seems that a few people were thrown off by the whole "baked" and "chicken breast" thing. They automatically assumed that this was a healthy dish. Let me warn you--it ain't going to win any nutrition awards, as far as I can tell. I've come to associate the color white in food (except for egg whites) with an alarming amount of calories--cream, sugar, bad carbs like white rice and white bread--and this is no exception! But you know what? It tastes pretty good, if I do say so myself. My husband, after having two servings, remarked, "I haven't eaten this much in a long time!"

Baked Chicken with Sour Cream and Paprika

Ingredients
1 can cream of mushroom soup (evil white food)
1 container sour cream (evil white food)
A dash of paprika
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
4 chicken breasts (aha! Good white food!)

1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. In a bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Add paprika, adjusting to taste. (Ours ended up quite spicy, which we both liked.)
3. Mix in lemon juice, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place chicken breasts in an 8" x 8" pan or baking dish. Pour enough of the cream mixture to cover the chicken.
5. Cover pan or baking dish with foil and pop into the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes.
6. Take out of oven, remove foil, and return to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through.

3 comments:

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)