Friday, June 4, 2010

Ba Be Bi Bo Bu*



I sometimes read horoscopes at the end of the day to see if the Horoscope Gurus predicted my day right (and sometimes they are just so comically off!). Today, it read:

You may have pulled the rug out from under your own feet, but it was only because you needed it for a flying carpet. This brave move is going to take you to a whole new level.

It was strangely comforting. I've just been put in an overwhelming situation, and even though I've been so stressed out, deep down I know that this is my chance to fly. Time to defy gravity.

*For those who are wondering what the title is all about, that is the immortal chant of Manang Bola, a beloved fortune teller from Batibot (the Philippine version of Sesame Street). Allow me to introduce you to this classic 80s character (although I don't think she says those words in this clip)...




2 comments:

  1. Haha I love it Tisha! You made me go back to my childhood with that immortal Manang Bola clip. :-)

    As I am typing this I'm also reading Jing Lejano's blog with yet another childhood pal--Ernie and the Rubber Ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame kids nowadays are growing up without Batibot!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)