Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Total Eclipse

One of the perks of the new job: I now get invited to movie premieres! (Last time, I just tagged along with the OK! girls.) Last night, I was happy to attend an advance screening of...



Eclipse, the third installment in the Twilight saga. And my date was, of course, Twi-hard Coni! I really couldn't think of a better person to ask. We got an Eclipse tote bag with a paperback copy of the book. We also got free ice cream courtesy of Selecta, and other eats by Figaro. And in the theater, we sat beside a dude who had actually been to Forks! How cool is that? He told us that there's a sign in the real La Push that says "No Vampires Allowed"! Haha.

Another highlight:



Photo op with Nanay Coring, the National Bookstore matriarch! This was National Bookstore's first movie premiere, and of course she had to be there. Poor thing was nursing a broken arm though. We asked her about it, and she said she fell in the bodega. "Bakit nasa bodega pa po kayo?" ("Why were you in the warehouse?") Coni asked. Nanay Coring replied matter-of-factly, "Aba siyempre, nandoon ang trabaho!" ("Of course! That's where the work is!") At eighty-something, she's still at it! Amazing.

Since the cinema at Podium was relatively small, it felt like such an intimate screening, a private little affair. I won't spoil the movie for anyone, but suffice it to say that it was better than the first two (still somewhat cheesy--can't be avoided--but less so) and that I hereby declare my allegiance to Team Jacob!

4 comments:

  1. team jacob --- boo!!!
    the abs are just messin' with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I've never really taken the whole Team thing seriously, so I'm just going for eye candy. Not a big fan of emo guys. Har. (And a hundred million tweens are hating on me now. Hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it good? cant wait for it to hit msia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's better than the first two.:) My friend remarked that it "looked like a legit movie and not an indie." Haha

    ReplyDelete

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)