Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In the Bag

I was fortunate to be invited to the Aranaz private shopping party. As far as I know, bag designer Amina Aranaz Alunan (one of the most mesmerizingly beautiful people I know) holds this sale every year during her birthday month (August)--everything is 50% off!

I don't really need a lot of clutches or teeny bags, since I don't really go to a lot of evening events. What I need are massive bags with space for all my unedited everyday "essentials" (bulky wallet, two phones, kikay kit, notebook, pen...). At first, I was thinking of getting the black version of this RIIR bag...


"Modeling" at our batch reunion/fundraiser. We had another batchmate, Macky (aka Isabel) Roces teach us how to work the runway carrying a bag!

...but I decided that 1) I liked it so much better in lime green (not available), and 2) I would get more mileage out of this bag...



I'm not really a big fan of brands, but I gotta say that I absolutely love Aranaz bags. I remember even back in grade school, (or high school? It's been a while!) when Amina's mom was exporting bags, they had these canvas bags that everyone wanted--what stylish schoolbags they made! And since my birthday was right around the corner, Amina gifted me with one of the coveted bags. I was ecstatic!

That bag is long gone, but I now have three prized Aranaz bags, all of which have gotten lots of compliments (and one of which is actually on, er, extended loan from my mom). And I hope to add to my collection! In time. In time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)