Monday, September 13, 2010

The Long Weekend

...kind of didn't feel like a weekend at all. I ended up working Friday and Sunday, so the three-day weekend turned into a one-day weekend for me. Oh well. I did get a lot of stuff done though. A rundown of my activities:


Bullet #7. My lace top from Forever21--yep, I succumbed to disposable fashion! Har. Photo from my SIL.
  • Friday: A food shoot. I kind of had to tap into my dormant styling skills. It's been a while.
  • An attempt at shopping. But Megamall + holiday = The Worst Idea Ever.
  • Spirits 2010 meeting. For some reason, I ended up on the planning committee of the annual international tournament held in Manila. Although this time it'll be in Clark. And I'll be missing it! Sigh.
  • Saturday: UP vs. AdU (women's). Finally got to see my niece Mix in action!
  • Lunch at Ristras. All burrito-ed out.
  • Disc training...where I rolled my other ankle! Ugh. It still hurts, but at least it didn't swell into epic chicken-lollipop proportions like the last time I sprained my ankle.
  • Dinner with family at O Kitchen. I am kicking myself for forgetting my camera! We celebrated Mumsy's dinner, plus Mix's birthday, plus Grandparents' Day (did y'all greet your lolos and lolas?) at this hidden, elegant yet casual restaurant. The resto's Sisig Dinuguan is pretty awesome! Little-known fact: I am averse to black food. I don't eat adobong pusit, and up until a week ago, I had never tried dinuguan in my life.
  • Resortsworld with family. Hamil won enough to fund our gift for Mumsy! Har. And I was IN AWE of those Russian/Ukranian performers! The female version of the Power Duo was ah-mazing, and that contortionist on the swinging ring was spineless! Not cowardly or wimpy or whatever--as in spineless, boneless, inhumanly flexible!
  • Sunday: Radio guesting. Pia Magalona interviewed K-Zone's Lio and me back to back. It was my last time on U92--it's their last day on air on September 30! (P.S. Grab a copy of KZ's September ish--it's all about supervillains, with Gru on the cover! Pick up a copy of GH while you're at it!)
  • Grocery shopping. I'm bad at the Price-Is-Right-like guessing of individual goods' prices, but I'm getting so good at estimating the total cost of the stuff in my basket. I normally go into the supermarket with a budget in mind, dump stuff in my basket, and at the cashier, find out that I'm just a few pesos below budget. Let's hope my streak continues!
  • Late lunch with the girls at Fez. No husbands or kids in tow! It took weeks of planning, and people were late, but the girls and I were able to find a common sched! (Most of us anyway.) If only we could do this every month. Hanging out with people you grew up with is good for the heart.
  • Cheerdance competition-viewing. Since I don't have a Twitter account, I ended up posting my stream of thoughts on FB. Congrats, UP! Well-deserved! Good job, ADMU kiddies. You've come a long way since the days when only one person on the squad could do an aerial! (Kids today are fearless, I tell ya.)
  • Closet-clearing. Unsuccessful. I've still got an entire closet to clear--I only ended up dumping stuff from the half of Hamil's closet that I've taken over. I ditched some of my empire-cut dresses (my favorite cut)--the ones that kind of make me look preggers--and will be storing 'em in a "Break Open in Case of Pregnancy" box. Other things I discovered: Between the two of us, Hamil and I have six ankle braces (see bullet #6); and I have a grand total of 16 swimsuits!
  • Dinner with Hamil's family. It was great seeing his family again. I didn't realize I hadn't seen them in such a long time til one of his brothers asked me about my trip to NY...four months ago!
  • Despicable Me in 3D. Finally! Loved it! And I always enjoy hearing Hamil laugh.:)
AND I got enough sleep! Woohoo! This week looks promising too. Keep y'all posted!


O Kitchen is along E. Rodriguez Ave., Libis, QC (going north, turn right on the small street right after Honda, going to Padre Pio). Fez is at Serendra, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, so sweet of you to drop a line!:)